Do you Really Need a Faux fur Coat for Burning Man?
What is the Best Faux Fur Coat for Burning Man?
You may be wondering, why do I need a faux fur coat at Burning Man when temperatures are extremely hot in the vast desert environment. Temperatures on the Playa of burning man fluctuate from extreme highs and extreme lows from day to night, day to day and year to year. It’s hard to predict what the weather will be like each year.
It’s best to be prepared for the cold and bring layers, warm socks, warm boots, gloves, hand warmers and the most importantly a warm faux fur coat.
With temperatures dropping into the 40s and 50s at night a faux fur coat is the warmest and coziest way to be comfortable and survive on the frigid Playa. Your ski coat is just not going to have the level of warmth & comfort that a faux fur coat does.
You need faux fur coat for burning man!
You may be wondering, what kind of faux fur coat is best to buy. There is not one answer to this question. Each individually must take in the consideration the following things when deciding on what type of faux fur coat to buy.
1. Quality. Do you want to invest in a coat that well made, softer, more comfortable and more and will last you for years or do you want a cheap faux fur coat that will fall apart and likely end up in a landfill?
2. Materials. Do you run hot or cold.? This is important to think about when deciding on the thickness of your faux fur coat. A lot of men run hotter than women and therefore don’t need as thick of a faux fur coat. They may even opt for a faux fur vest or cape. Be sure to check out the lining of the coat as well. A satin lining will not be as warm as a soft cozy one. If you are seeking the warmest and softest faux fur, faux chinchilla is the best choice. Check out our Tissavel Faux Chinchilla Collection.
3. Style. This is a personal preference when it comes to the look. Do you want a hood, no hood, zip off hood, collar, lapel? Do you want a short coat, mid length or long to the ground? Do you want a more fitted style coat or a looser relaxed fit? There are so many options and combinations that you can customize your faux fur coat to exactly how you would like it. We do custom orders.
4. Fit. Make sure you consider what you plan to wear under your faux fur coat. Do you have enough room in the shoulders to dance comfortably and give someone a hug? You want to pick a size and style that will fit comfortably over your outfits or layers.
5. Features. Does your faux fur coat have enough pockets? Does it have secure pockets so your things will not fall out. Does it have enough closures or closures that are easy to use. Does it have back pack straps? All of our coats and vests have our infamous backpack straps so you can wear the faux coat as a cape when you are too hot.
6. Color. How do you want to express yourself? Do you want something bright and colorful or do you prefer something neutral in color or animal print? There is also the option of sparkly, sequins, or specialty fabrics combined with faux fur.
7. Lights! Do you want to light up in the dark? It’s so easy to just turn your coat lights on and not have to worry about l putting fairy lights on or getting run over in the dark or losing your friends on the Playa. Check out our LED collection for our various LED style faux fur coats & vests.
In conclusion, faux fur coats are absolutely the best solution to surviving cold nights at Burning Man. Now choosing your dream faux fur coat is going to be the hard part with so many options.