How To Stay Warm at Your Next Festival
How To Stay Warm at Your Next Festival
Solid Tips, Tricks, and Hacks from a Seasoned Festival-Goer
It’s almost festival season. Yay! We want you to make the most of every event you attend, so we’re going to share the best festival-hacks we know. (And we know from experience.)
Women's Electric Zebra Faux Fur Coat
Today’s topic: How to say warm at a spring festival.
Whether you are a festival newbie or seasoned festival-goer, our insider’s tips will help you enjoy the heck out of your weekend, wherever you go.
Don’t assume that because it’s spring, early summer, or California, that it must be warm. It gets cold, VERY COLD, especially at night. Temperatures are likely to drop into the low-40’s or even colder.
You can wear bikinis and booty shorts in the day, but after the sun goes down you are going to need to layer up.
And remember, a festival party goes all night long. Staying warm means you’ll be having more fun, not sitting in your tent wondering how long before daylight comes back.
Brown Carmel Coat, Desert Warrior Coat Fenrir, Vandal Chinchilla Coat Silver Fox
So, what should you wear to stay warm?
Keeping warm is essential to enjoying the festival into the wee hours. We suggest you pack these nine festival essentials to stay warm at your next festival.
- A cozy warm coat is really all you need! Furrocious faux fur makes the softest, warmest high quality coats that fit you like a warm hug.
- Hats. Warm your noggin with furry/ wooly hats, beanies, embellished hats or furry animal hoods- check out the Simian Hoods from Furrociou Furr.
- Gloves. Your hands will thank you.
- Warm cozy socks. Wool or ski socks work great for this!
- Water proof shoes or cozy boots. Keping your feet warm and dry is a must.
- Layers! Bring leggings, kimonos, ski thermals, sweaters, hoodies, etc. Put or take off a layer or two as the temp shifts.
- Scarves. They’re not just for your neck. Add some flare to your outfit with a bright color of fun print scarf.
- Hand, body, & toe warmers. Yep, those little disposable heater from ski season are a must- stick them anywhere you want gloves, pockets.
Pack an umbrella, raincoat or rain poncho. Rainy weather at a festival can be a bummer.
Women's Teal Wolf Shorty Duke Coat, Men's Playa Coat in Gray Wolf, Women's Short Playa Coat in Purple Wolf
LED Collection for Men & Women
What can you do at a festival to stay warm?
If you're feeling chilly at a festival, don't worry - there are plenty of ways to heat things up besides wearing more layers.
- Get up and move around. There are so many things to see at a festival you never know what you will encounter on an adventure on foot.
- Bust a move on the dance floor. Boogie down and you will be sure to heat up in no time.
- Sip on a hot drink. Warm cocoa or tea quickly heats up your insides.
- Snuggle up with a buddy. Cuddling is the best form of body heat.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. If you drink alcohol don't forget to balance out your intake with some H20
- Get into the crowd. It will always be warmer then being on the outskirts.
- Flow toys. Hoops, poi etc are a fun way to get your body moving and create a light show for those around.
What you can do to stay warm at night in a tent.
Keep warm and comfortable during your camping trip by following these simple tips to ensure a cozy night's sleep in your tent.
- Buy the right camping gear. Trust us, you don't want to be left shivering in the cold while camping at a festival. So, be prepared and pack a sturdy tent that can withstand even the wildest weather, a warm and cozy sleeping bag, and a comfy sleeping pad or air mattress to guarantee a toasty and peaceful night's sleep. Your future self will thank you!
- Get a sleeping bag liner. It's like a light weight comfy sheet made of fleece or down for your sleeping bag. Trust us, it's the easiest added layer of warmth to stay cozy and toasty all night long.
- Choose your camping location wisely. When picking your camping spot, avoid areas with strong winds or low-lying spots where cold air can collect. Look for places near trees or large objects that can provide some protection. However, it's best to steer clear of porta-potties - trust us, you don't want that smell wafting over to your sleeping area.
- Insulate your tent. Start by laying down a groundsheet or tarp to keep the chilly ground at bay. Next, wrap your tent walls with cozy blankets or sleeping bags. And if you have access to a power source, treat yourself to the ultimate luxury: an electric blanket!
- Dress in layers when you’re sleeping. If you want to sleep like a cozy burrito, layering up is the key! Start with some snug thermal underwear and then pile on a few more layers on top. And don't forget to keep your hands and head toasty by wearing gloves and a hat.
- Eat before bed. Want to keep warm throughout the night? Fuel up with a hearty meal before hitting the sack!
- Body heat, Be as close to other people as possible. Snuggling together not only keeps you warm and cozy but also provides a great opportunity to bond and enjoy each other's company.
- Bring an extra blanket or use your faux fur coat as a blanket. When camping, having extra blankets can be a game-changer in keeping you warm and toasty during chilly nights. And here's a fun tip - if you happen to have a Furrocious Furr coat, it doubles as an extra warm blanket!
- The pee funnel. Hey ladies (and gents, you're not excluded!) - here's a tip to save you the trouble of leaving your cozy sleeping bag in the middle of the night. Instead of trekking to the bathroom, try using a pee funnel and water bottle to stay warm and comfy inside your tent. Trust us, it's a game-changer!
Keeping warm at festivals during chilly nights can be tough, but don't worry, with the right gear and preparation, you can stay cozy and comfortable all night long! By following these helpful tips, you'll be able to enjoy your festival experience to the fullest without worrying about the cold. So, get ready to stay warm and have a blast!
Men's Desert Warrior Coat in Silver Jaguar, Women's Playa Coat in Pink Acid
Get the perfect warm & cozy Festival Fashion from Furrocious Furr
Looking for the perfect faux fur coat or accessory to keep you warm and stylish at festivals? Look no further than Furrocious Furr! We offer a huge selection of coats and accessories for both men and women, in a variety of styles, colors, and fabrics. And here's the best part: all of our coats feature 5 pockets and backpack straps, making them ultra-functional for all your festival needs.
Plus, if you can't find exactly what you're looking for, we offer custom orders to make your dream coat a reality. Stay warm and fashionable with Furrocious Furr!
Leave a comment